HAWAII LGBT RESOURCES
- Antonia Alvarez, MSW, Director of the Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Project at Mental Health America of Hawaii, (808) 521-1846, firstname.lastname@example.org, see mentalhealth-hi.org.
- Robert Bidwell, Associate Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at the John A. Burns School of Medicine, and in practice at the Kapi’olani Medical Center, email@example.com, (808) 428-4545.
- Jo Chang, provides support for parents of LGBT children, LGBT resources for families and professionals, LGBT training and consultation for agencies and organizations. (808) 383-2111, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division (CAMHD), Hawaii Department of Health. Provides mental health services to youth with severe emotional and behavioral disturbances. CAMHD Safe Spaces Committee works to make the CAMHD workplace and services more inclusive of LGBTQ. Contact Kimberly Allen at: email@example.com.
- Alison Colby, MSW, and Gwen Murakami, MSW, co-advisors of the student Gay-Straight Alliance at Farrington High School, Hawaii Department of Education, (808) 305-5178 or (808) 305-5179 and firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Nancy Deeley, Suicide Prevention Coordinator, Hawaii Department of Health, (808) 733-9238, firstname.lastname@example.org., see www.sprc.org/states/hawaii.
- Milton Diamond, Director of the Pacific Center for Sex and Society, email@example.com, see www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/index.html.
- Hale Kipa, Inc., private non-profit org., founded in 1970, provides wide range of services for at-risk/high-risk youth, see halekipa.org.
- Dean Hamer and Joe Wilson, community outreach and education campaign, KUMUHINA.COM and Out in the Silence Film and Campaign, www.wpsu.org/outinthesilence , QwavesJoe@yahoo.com , or (808) 629-9864.
- Hinaleimoana (Hina) Wong-Kalu, cultural consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Carla Houser, co-coordinator of YO (Youth Outreach) a program that provides medical ans social services to homeless youth, (808) 791-9366 email@example.com.
- The Lavender Clinic, Transgender and LGBQ Health Clinic, provides health care, leadership, programs, education and services for the Transgender Community and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Community, (808) 445-5392, lavenderclinichawaii.com
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, & Intersex Student Services at UH-Manoa. Camaron Miyamoto, (808) 956-9250 or Camaronm@hawaii.edu .
- Life Foundation, HIV/AIDS service agency, contact Kunane Drier, Prevention Director, (808) 521-2437, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planned Parenthood of Hawaii, provides sexual and reproductive health care and education, and LGBT services through advocacy and compassionate, affordable services. plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-hawaii .
- Pride at Work Hawaii, mobilizes support between the labor movement and the LGBT communities to build full equality, greater openness and dignity for all workers, go to prideatworkhawaii.org .
- Project Kealahou is establishing a trauma-informed system of mental health care to help Hawai’i’s ethnically diverse girls with significant trauma issues. Tia Roberts (808) 733-9396, projectkealahou.org .
- Kaleo Ramos, MSW, provides support for trans men and information on LGBT, specializing in transgender issues, and certified GLSEN LGBT trainer, (808) 937-4009, email@example.com.
- Lisa Seese-Paterson, MEd, writer & community educator -provides support, resources for families, educators and schools; maintains online resource library, firstname.lastname@example.org or LisaSeesePaterson.com
- Tracy Ryan, Executive Director, Harm Reduction Hawaii, provides support for transgender persons, (808) 534-1846, email@example.com.
- Rebecca Stotzer, Associate Professor, Myron B. Thomson School of Social Work, conducts research on LGBT persons in Hawaii, (808) 956-6121, firstname.lastname@example.org .
- TransSpectrum Hawai’I provides education, support, and visibility for Hawaii’s FTM transgender community. Contact email@example.com .
- Waikiki Health Center, provides medical and social services that are accessible for everyone regardless of ability to pay, range of medical care, and homeless and youth outreach, see waikikihc.org, (808) 922-4787, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kauai Family Guidance Center, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division, Hawaii Department of Health, psychiatric services, (808) 274-3883, ext. 231.
- Malama Pono Health Services, non-profit organization working to prevent through education the spread of HIV/AIDS, infectious hepatitis, and STDs, and to serve those infected on Kauai, (808) 246-9577, email@example.com, see malama-pono.org.
- PFLAG Kauai, provides education, support, advocacy for LGBT persons, their families, and the community, Melissa Egusa, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planned Parenthood’s Kauai Health Center, provides reproductive health services, and education and training on sexual and reproductive health for youth, parents, and educators, (808) 482-2756, see plannedparenthood.org/hawaii.
- YWCA of Kaua’i, provides services related to families and domestic violence and sexual assault, and general counseling, contact Renae Hamilton, Executive Director, (808) 245-5959 ext. 236, see ywcakauai.org
- Al and Jane Nakatani, Honor Thy Children, Inc., email@example.com, ph. (808)244-7353 and also on Facebook, provides support for parents, the LGBT community, training and educational materials for professionals and the larger community.
- Both Sides Now, non-profit organization dedicated to the education and celebration of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer people on Maui, see mauigayinfo.com.
- Friends of the Children’s Justice Center on Maui, support for abused children in Maui county, Paul Tonnessen, Executive Director, (808) 986-8634.
- Maui Aids Foundation, non-profit organization that provides prevention, care, and advocacy services for those infected or affected by HIV/AIDS on Maui, (808) 242-4900, firstname.lastname@example.org, see mauiaids.org.
- Maui Lesbian/Gay Youth Project, provides support and information for lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender and questioning youth, their parents, teachers, counselors, and youth workers. Contact: Prakash Mackay, (808) 572-0772, email@example.com.
- PFLAG Maui, information and support for parents of LGBT children. Nancy Sherman at (808) 661-9044, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Victim/Witness Assistance Division, Department of the Prosecuting Attorney, for Maui County, (808) 270-7695.
BIG ISLAND – HAWAII ISLAND
- Hannah Wu, Coordinator, UH Women’s Center, UH Hilo, (808) 974-7306, email@example.com.
- Hawaii Island HIV/AIDS Foundation, contact Teri Hollowel, Director of Programming, firstname.lastname@example.org, see hihaf.org.
- Hilo Bay Clinic, non-profit network of health centers in East and South Hawaii Island, contact Cyd Hoffeld, Health Promotions Manager, (808) 965-3037, email@example.com., see bayclinic.org.
- PFLAG Big Island, provides support for parents, friends, and family of LGBT, (808) 238-2880, see pflagbigisland.org.
- Pride Hilo, LGBT youth support group, see listing for Women’s Center, UH Hilo, above.